Help amplify the work of creative entrepreneurs + chronicle the positive impact of art and craft on the community and economy.
Artisan Joy is a fiscally sponsored project of Fractured Atlas, a non-profit arts service organization. This means that you can support our work by making a charitable contribution (tax-deductible to the extent permitted by law).
About Artisan Joy
Artisan Joy is a publisher and independent media outlet where creative entrepreneurs are heard, valued and celebrated for their positive impacts on the economy and their local communities.
Our mission is to amplify the work of creative entrepreneurs, chronicle the positive impact of art and craft on the community and economy, and foster connection among art and artisan business owners.
We carry out this mission by:
- Removing the barriers for creative entrepreneurs to get publicity by being an accessible media outlet dedicated to telling their stories.
- Driving awareness about the work of creative entrepreneurs by featuring their stories in our magazine, on ArtisanJoy.com and across our social media channels.
- Showcasing creative entrepreneurs from diverse backgrounds and artistic disciplines, especially women and people from underrepresented groups.
- Encouraging consumers to shop small by detailing the hard work and dedication that goes into producing artworks and artisanal goods.
- Being an educational resource for artists and artisans interested in selling their art and artisanal goods.
- Providing publicity/editorial endorsements for creative small businesses. Here’s why this is important for small business owners: According to an article on Forbes about the effectiveness of earned media (publicity) vs. paid media (advertising) in the consumer decision-making process, “PR is almost 90% more effective than advertising.”
Artisan Joy’s Social Impact
- Promotion of diversity and inclusion: By actively prioritizing and featuring creative entrepreneurs from diverse backgrounds and artistic disciplines, Artisan Joy directly contributes to a more inclusive and equitable representation in the media.
- Supporting small businesses: By encouraging consumers to shop small, Artisan Joy helps direct capital towards small businesses.
- Inspiring the next generation of creative entrepreneurs: Artisan Joy presents examples of successful art/artisanal business owners and fosters an enterprising spirit in the next generation of creative entrepreneurs.
- Education: Our in-depth interviews with creative entrepreneurs enable those aspiring to sell their art/artisanal goods to learn about what it’s like to run a business.
- Amplifying unheard voices: Many small creative business owners struggle to gain traction in a saturated market. Artisan Joy gives entrepreneurs a platform to share their stories.
- Promoting ethical consumer choices: By detailing the hard work and dedication that goes into producing artworks and artisanal goods, Artisan Joy educates consumers about the value of artisanal work. This can lead to a shift in consumption patterns, encouraging ethical purchases and appreciation of handcrafted goods.
- Upholding journalistic integrity: In a world filled with pay-to-play models, Artisan Joy’s commitment to maintaining high editorial standards ensures the trust and credibility of its readership.
- Building community: By sharing stories, experiences and insights, Artisan Joy creates a sense of community among creative entrepreneurs.
- Raising awareness and value: Through its content, Artisan Joy raises awareness about the importance and value of creativity, arts and crafts in society, emphasizing their role in culture, history, and personal expression.